News: ~January 24th 2019~ - (Old News)
The board has undergone an update. Everything should be fine now but if you see something broken, please make a post in Away to let me know. We also have a new chat, check it out!

RP News: ~November 19th 2015~ (Old RP News)
There is no current plot. The forests welcome new travelers within these lands.
Event Status: Not Active (each accepted character allowed to RP in multiple RP threads)

RP Season: Summer
This means everything is green, flowers are everywhere, and the shining sun creates a need for shady shelter on the warmest days.

The characters of Unicorn's Visions.

A place to show off your work, wether art, a comic, fic, or poem. Testing your sig (or just showing it off ^_~) can be done in this forum as well. Anything creative is welcome in here, but if it contains anything "adult" then please refer to our rules and put a warning in the topic title.

Moderator: The_Vizir

Athaiyel
Resident

The characters of Unicorn's Visions.

Post by Athaiyel » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:21 am

I didn't see a thread so I figured I'd make one for others to post images of their characters of Unicorns Visions. That way we can come here and see others characters who we're role-playing with.

So feel free to post your beloved and often times tortured characters.

This is just a portrait of Estelle. I tried my best at making her appear a little cocky in this image, but I have a hard time drawing emotions. I think I got the horn to look crystalline at least so I accomplished that much.
Attachments
Athaiyelavatar.jpg
(225.68 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by Athaiyel on Thu May 21, 2015 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Is obviously obsessed with unicorns.
Athaiyel
Resident

Re: The characters of Unicorn's Visions.

Post by Athaiyel » Thu May 21, 2015 5:50 am

Updated picture of Estelle. I spent forever on this beast! Overall I'm pleased with it I guess, but I'm just not sure about the lighting.
Attachments
Athaiyelsizeedit.jpg
(81.08 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Is obviously obsessed with unicorns.
Gaius
Resident

Post by Gaius » Sat May 23, 2015 7:33 pm

Wow, that looks great! :p I'm afraid I can't comment on the lighting,* but it looks very well done. The one from February is also quite nice: the crystalline look is spiffy and I think you got across the bit of a smirk, which I imagine is tricky with muzzles.

* In full disclosure, I'm not sure I have an artistic bone in my body, re: making or assessing visuals. (I at least imagine I don't embarrass myself too badly, word-wise)
Excuse me
Explorer

Post by Excuse me » Sun May 24, 2015 4:34 pm

@Estelle
Great work! :)
And I really like the old one: http://terraterror.deviantart.com/art/E ... -393477742 It shows her expression better, reproduces more of the character's emotions.
One short post per day is better than one long post per week. C'mon, let's keep the game going! :)
Gaeva Winged Unicorn
Site Admin

Post by Gaeva Winged Unicorn » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:11 pm

Love them! The horn came out really nicely and can really go from looking sharp and hard to practically misty. I probably would have added some highlights to it to make it look more er, glassy? for lack of a better word, to get that crystal look down.

For the lighting I'd say use darker darks for some nice bold presence!

Those poses though, so awesome, I love how you always do that. And those legs, I love your legs. Well, the legs you draw I mean, though I'm sure your legs are nice as well :P They always look so delicate yet strong!

And those tufts, adorable XD
Sky Lily
Resident

Post by Sky Lily » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:01 am

Estelle is looking as lovely as ever! <3 I can't wait for the day our characters are all up and about on here, again. ((shoves guilt underneath rug))

If we're still sharing characters, I might as well share Simi's new reference sheet :D There's also a small picture included of the buddy who'll be accompanying her when she returns to Deep Forest.

http://starlit-pawprints.deviantart.com ... -586123054

I also tried my hand at drawing her "realistically." Athaiyel (or Empy, whatever works for you at this point) I mostly have you to thank for all the progress I've made in my struggles over the years to explore what Simi might actually look like. I never forgot your advice, and gerenuks still make a pretty great reference for what I have in mind for her! http://starlit-pawprints.deviantart.com ... -587329803
*~Old as the sky, old as the moon, and quite obsessed with oreo icecream~*
Luxon Cobrat
Oldie

Post by Luxon Cobrat » Sun May 01, 2016 4:00 pm

Didn't do this in time to put it in the profile, so I'll just put it up here. Within the limitations of Hero Machine 3, here is the newly-returned Zom:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/ ... 47/Zom.png

(For those who didn't follow the first link, that's basically an "image composer," as I call it. None of this is drawn by me. I just put the elements together, and then did a tiny amount of editing in Gimp to remove a couple of lines I didn't want.)