News: ~June 5th 2020~ - (Old News)
There is a bit more activity going on right now, so stick around if you want to be a part of it! Also, Windra is now a mod, because she is helping making this happen. And by helping I mean doing most of it.

RP News: ~November 19th 2015~ (Old RP News)
There is no current plot. The forests welcome new travelers within these lands.
Event Status: Not Active (each accepted character allowed to RP in multiple RP threads)

RP Season: Summer
This means everything is green, flowers are everywhere, and the shining sun creates a need for shady shelter on the warmest days.

Naira - "Look what the cat dragged in"

Character Index Lists can be found in here. Locked joining threads of all accepted creatures are moved inside this forum.

Moderators: Windra, forgerofsouls, The_Vizir

Windra
Oldie

Re: Naira - "Look what the cat dragged in"

Post by Windra »

(( :banana Accepted :banana ))
"We all change, when you think about it, we're all different people; all through our lives, and that's okay, that's good, you've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
tehanu3
Settler

Post by tehanu3 »

Kit grabbed the cloth and tore it to even smaller pieces than what it was. Seeing nothing but cloth, Kit snarled and barked ferociously.

“I thought this was YOUR stream?!” Kit mocked as she glared at the two beings. She swished her tail as she paced back and forth. She wasn’t sure what feeling was stronger anymore. Hunger or anger. In normal circumstances, she wasn’t this confrontational; but being challenged brought out the ferocity in her. She had a competitive streak to her. Kit ignored her ‘prey’ and locked eyes on the challenger. It was now personal.
Luxon Cobrat
Oldie
Location: Questing through nebulae in search for crystal stone

Post by Luxon Cobrat »

Oh, right, Entropy had said that, hadn't she?

"Ugh, it's obviously my stream!" she groaned. "I said you could have the fish. Do you want them or not?"

Her temper was rising again. Catching herself, she let out a sigh.

"Whatever. Do what you want. Just don't try to eat my friend."

And as soon as she said the word "friend," she wondered why she had chosen it. She looked at the half-dragon again, and thought she felt an old sense of familiarity, but...

"Um, this is... embarrassing, but..." she fumbled. "I've been around a long time. Forgotten... a lot. So, uh... where have we met before?"
Windra
Oldie

Post by Windra »

"Counter offer," Naira butted in.

The fox was not happy, bristling with irritation. But the Reaver was too exhausted to fight, and too pained to pay mind if the creature happened to try and snap her arm off. She followed Entropy's lead and, with a deft kick of taloned feet, snapped a sapling in half.

"Stream equals fish. I don't have my rod on hand, but I used to get by spear fishing quite well. If we can't catch one, well, I'm sure there's plenty of frogs. Turtles too. You're hungry. I'm hungry. So ... And once I get my bearings, you could, I dunno, swing by my cabin for a proper meal. Venison stew. Roasted potatoes. Mead to warm the belly."

Naira stalked past Entropy, but not before pausing to look at her with brimming glee and slight concern. She used a free arm to hug the succubus with genuine relief, pulling back with shallow pools of liquid forming in the corners of her eyes.

"I can't even ... I'm glad. Haven't seen you before Greenwood. He ... Showed me things. I thought for sure you were all ... " The Reaver swallowed. No use getting choked up.

Especially when the felcaeri was ... Confused. Lost. Unfamiliar? Were Naira's musings just the ramblings of a mad woman to her?

"Girl, it hasn't been long" - has it? - "since we met in these very woods, what ... Six years ago or so?" Something akin to panic formed in her gut. She tried to not let it show. "Ny name is Naira ... Do you remember me?"
"We all change, when you think about it, we're all different people; all through our lives, and that's okay, that's good, you've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
tehanu3
Settler

Post by tehanu3 »

Kit was beyond irritated. She didn’t want fish. She wanted to kill. The two creatures before her were trying to bargain their way out of her wrath and get to know each other again...? Really?! Kit was nothing short of the equivalent of a mad, angry rabid creature. Her lips twinged as she growled and licked her bared fangs. Her ears plastered back against her head once more. She then leapt forward and charged in the direction of the two creatures.

Movement caught her attention which made her attack charge curve off to the left slightly. Kit barked loudly before grabbing hold of her capture. A huge raccoon. The creature screamed and began to fight back. Kit tore the screaming thing to pieces and was devouring it alive. Piece by piece. After the raccoon finally stopped making noise did Kit look back at the two while licking her blood soaked jaws.
Luxon Cobrat
Oldie

Post by Luxon Cobrat »

Entropy dispelled the flaming staff when the half-dragon moved to hug her. She decided to accept the hug, and reciprocated it. Maybe because the woman seemed to need it, or maybe because Entropy felt some sense of familiarity. She wasn't sure...

Either way, she kept half of her attention on the fox, not liking the way it was looking at the two of them, and not really convinced that it was even amenable to words.

Hearing the name of Naira, Entropy certainly felt something stir within her.

"Naira..." Entropy repeated. "I know that name. I feel like we must have been friends, but... I wasn't in this forest six years ago. I--"

Then the fox charged.

Entropy reacted immediately. Naira may have said she didn't need the protection, but now more than ever, Entropy was not going to stand aside and let something hurt her. In one quick motion, she swept her hand in an arc, and a barricade of icy spikes jutted out of the ground in what would have been the fox's path. Entropy heard an animalistic scream of pain and let out a sigh of regret for the end that this confrontation had come to, believing that the fox had impaled itself. She'd had to take action quickly, though, and that was the outcome she'd been looking for.

Then she noticed the fox off to the side, itself still intact, tearing a rather large racoon apart. With that, she felt a twinge of relief that she hadn't done the fox in. Not yet, at least.

"Welp," she said once the racoon fell silent and the fox looked in her direction again. "You satisfied yet?"
Windra
Oldie

Post by Windra »

"Ahaaaa," Naira jeered, pointing a gloved finger at the fox. [Color="gray]"There. You ate. Feel a little less hangry now? Maybe enough for some rational conversation?"[/color]

Honestly, all the things that happened in the last few seconds was dizzying. From Entropy's words - she hadn't been here in the last six years? - to the ice spikes and the bristling black vulpine ... Naira's stomach twisted, but there was no food to upchuck.

Come to think of it, when was the last time she ate?

(And that fox had the nerve to get pissed off over being hungry ... )

"How about a name?" asked the Reaver in another attempt to be civil. She didn't appear perturbed on the outside, bur felt her hackles raise on the inside. And though she desperately wanted to shower the succubus with questions, there was a time and place for everything ... "You have one, right? Calling you 'fox' is just rude. Seriously, this is all water under the bridge. We got off to a bad paw. Fresh start?"

Despite her plea for peace, Naira did not release the sharp-tipped sapling. It was her billy club of sorts. In agony or not, the Reaver would firmly put a rabid animal in its place if this kept up.
tehanu3
Settler

Post by tehanu3 »

Kit shook before going back to feasting on the carcass. As she ate, once again the black vapor appeared; this time dissolving off of her fur. Making her have blue and while fur once more. She looked at the challenger and huffed as she chewed on some flesh. She then looked at her former prey with yellow eyes once more before going back to her feast.

“Kit. My name is Kit. Prey.” Kit spoke only into the reaver’s mind as she ate. Swishing her tail in content as she ripped flesh from the dead animal.
Luxon Cobrat
Oldie

Post by Luxon Cobrat »

As Entropy waited for the fox to provide a name, she looked up and down the stream for the bridge Naira had mentioned. She hadn't thought she'd seen one before, though, and... still couldn't see one now. After a moment, she scratched her head, confused. Well, maybe there was a bridge further downstream the water flowed under. Not that Entropy was really sure how that was even relevant.

The silence from Entropy's perspective lengthened into awkwardness, what with the Fox's answer being for Naira's mind only.

"Oookay..." she finally intoned. Then she looked back to Naira. "I don't think Foxy Roxy wants to talk. Maybe we should just go. Also, where's that bridge you were talking about?"
Windra
Oldie

Post by Windra »

"What bridge?" Naira asked, full perplexion veiled by an undeniable grimace of exhaustion and aching as the adrenaline wore off. "I didn't mention a bridge, did I?"

She was starting to feel delirious again. Was she talking out of her ass? (The mental image made her giggle, and she rubbed her eyes at her own naivety. Sleep. She needed sleep. And strong liquor.) A fog was takibg place of her vision. The reaver took a half step in the wrong direction and toppled backwards into bushes.

"I'm okay," she hissed. Clearly a lie.

Standing straight up? Not an option. Naira rolled, crawled on all fours into clear grass, and kneeled back on her haunches.

"Kit, right?" she mumbled. Naira scratched her temple, slowly blinking at Entropy. "Said her name was Kit. Spoke in my mind. Telepathy." Back to the fox, she offered a weak grin. "Well, it's good to see you in better spirits. I wish we'd met in better circumstances. I ... "

She trailed off, found an interesting spot to stare in front of her ... and blanked. Seconds later her head jerked and she snapped alert.

"Good grief, I'm falling asleep with my eyes open. Listen ... " Wobbly legs brought her upright. It took a lot of work. Too much. "I'm ... not in a good place right now. And I'll not be good company so ... I'm going to go ... If memory serves right, my home shouldn't be far ... Let me get some rest and ... "

She smiled: genuine; wistful; exhausted on every level. It was pained when it fell on Entropy, though she didn't understand why. The succubus was alive, and that was all she could hope for -

- What about Nei ... What about Juno?

... Who else? There were more ...

Weren't there?

She felt hot. Her chest twisted. Nair pinched the bridge of her nose? Why couldn't she remember? Why did it hurt to try?
tehanu3
Settler

Post by tehanu3 »

Kit ravaged the last bit of innards and gnawed on the meat of her kill as well as several bones. She stopped and watched the reaver fall on the ground and began talking about something she knew nothing about. She sneezed and licked her nose as she watched the two beings. It was almost amusing to watch and listen to them. She grabbed the remains of the half eaten raccoon and walked over to the reaver. She dropped the carcass in front of the reaver and sat down. “eat. Prey. Eat.” Kit sat there and waited to see if the reaver would do as she said.
Luxon Cobrat
Oldie

Post by Luxon Cobrat »

Had Naira not mentioned a bridge? Entropy was sure she'd said something about water under a bridge. Maybe she'd misheard...

Naira did look tired, though. And she was acting it. Suddenly, before Entropy could react, Naira toppled into the bushes. Claiming to be alright, the Reaver crawled back out, but Entropy couldn't help but worry.

So, Kit was the fox's name. Well, at least she'd given Naira that much. Entropy hoped things would remain civil now, but she was going to remain on guard until Naira was safe anyway. She nodded as Naira mentioned going home.

Moments later, the fox drug some remains of the racoon over and dropped them in front of Naira. Was it sharing now? Entropy relaxed a bit at this apparent show of goodwill, but she remained vigilant.
Windra
Oldie

Post by Windra »

As a child scraping by for what scraps she could scavenge in the days of an unsettled Midwest, young Naira would have eyeballed the carcass with starving glee. Older, more seasoned Naira might have considered roasting over a fire with potatoes and green onions, salt and pepper and Cajun spices to taste.

Wounded, disoriented Naira took one look at the mangled flesh and - *HURP* She was no stranger to blood and gore, having dished out most of what she'd witnessed. But right here? Right now?

No.

The reaver quickly waved her hands and forced a smile. Some creatures were sensitive. Had she offended the fox? "It's not that I wouldn't like a bite ... Stomach isn't feeling up to snuff. But ... Thank you."

The reaver turned. East, right? The cabin was easy, with the mountains to the right and the wastes to the left ... Except there were no wastes anymore. The landscape was different. Grassy hills rolled in undulating waves. How long was she gone? What happened in her absence?

"You're welcome to - " Carnal fear suddenly rocked the pit of her being. Sharp claws. Gaping maws. Hallowed, empty shrieks. Wraiths in pursuit, feet not carrying her fast enough. What if they still lurked? The sunlight was her ally, but at night ... "You're welcome to ... Join me. After some time. I've my own garden and whatnot, I wouldn't mind sharing a proper meal." A gloved finger pointed to the horizon. "Follow where the sun rises. Look for a cabin "

Her recollected of the shadowed beasts spurred the desire to move. The sooner she put distance between her and these two, the better. Wraiths loved the undead, but they adored the souls of weaker mortals.

Dipping her head into a short bob, lizard-like eyes dlashed upward. "Entropy ... It's good to see you again. Kit, a pleasure."

She wasted no further time. With the saplibg ahead of her like a walking stick, the reaver made her swift exit into the woods.