News: ~January 24th 2019~ - (Old News)
The board has undergone an update. Everything should be fine now but if you see something broken, please make a post in Away to let me know. We also have a new chat, check it out!

RP News: ~November 19th 2015~ (Old RP News)
There is no current plot. The forests welcome new travelers within these lands.
Event Status: Not Active (each accepted character allowed to RP in multiple RP threads)

RP Season: Summer
This means everything is green, flowers are everywhere, and the shining sun creates a need for shady shelter on the warmest days.

Klinge Angstauge, Prince of the Planet Draconis Firerim

Character Index Lists can be found in here. Locked joining threads of all accepted creatures are moved inside this forum.

Moderators: forgerofsouls, The_Vizir

forgerofsouls

Klinge Angstauge, Prince of the Planet Draconis Firerim

Post by forgerofsouls » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:18 pm

Name:
Klinge Angstauge, Prince of the Planet Draconis Firerim, Dimension 1222354

Species:
Half-Dragon/Half-Archangel

Appearance:
Despite his heritage of that of a dragon, he appears humanoid with strong draconic features. Draconic skin, golden orbs for eyes, fins for ears. He even has a decorative fin running along the top of his head. His skin color is a bright golden color that seems to glow like the sun. He even has wings. The wings are 5 feet long each and provide magical lift for flight. His arms end in dragon talons. His muscles are smallish compared to what many strong creatures’ muscles are, but he is far stronger than he looks. He would be considered handsome once people looked past his obviously draconic looks. He carries a massive sword, that he calls Dunkleumarmung. He stands 5’9” and weighs 280lbs due to the weight of draconic muscle and bones. He also wears royal full plate armor made from mithral when he is expecting combat. When not expecting combat, he typically wears clothes that are simple yet tasteful with a regal feel to them.

Personality: He is a kind and caring person. But when pissed off, can be quite dangerous, especially if you happen to threaten or even hurt a friend of his. Indeed, it is even said that the light and heat emanated from his body change based off of his mode. Mostly though he is reserved, but respectful towards strangers, and if he deems them to be good folk, he is likely to befriend them. But if they are disrespectful towards anyone or anything, then they can earn his contempt. Of course, it is possible for others to redeem themselves in his eye.

He has no real dislikes other than disrespect. He fears nothing but the deaths of his friends. His great strength allows him to meet foes in close quarters combat, but, against ranged foes, he has a surprise for them. Typically, he likes to take his time to figure out the situation with a calm head, but he has problems staying calm when friends and allies, and even strangers are in danger.

Traits:
Breathe Weapon: Klinge can cause a massive beam of light to erupt forth from his mouth. This beam is composed of fire and light, causing massive damage. Of course, he only uses this as a last ditch panic attack, as it drains so much energy from him that he typically can’t move, or even stay awake after use. The beam's size is 10 feet wide (direct area) with a zone around it out to 30 feet that would feel the heat though this heat doesn't cause damage. Of course, being made from light, anyone looking directly at it, unless they do not have eyes, or are in some fashion, immune to being blinded or are immune to light, they would go blind, this blindness is only temporary and can easily be avoided by covering one's eyes, the blindness only lasts a few seconds at best. The beam reaches a total of only 200 feet in distance. The Blindness effect needs the permission of everyone that would be effected to be able to be used.

Massive Strength: It goes without saying that Klinge is very strong. While some say it’s from his dragon heritage, others say that cannot be because he is a HALF dragon, not a full dragon, and so think that he gets his strength from his mother, others think he gets his strength from both parents.. But needless to say, his strength is beyond what most normal creatures. It has been found that he can easily life things close to 12 tons, though at that high of a weight, it is rather difficult for him to do anything else.

Tough Skin: Along with Klinge’s abnormal strength comes his abnormal skin toughness. Most physical attacks have little effect on him. But he has no defense against most forms of magical, spiritual, or psychic attacks. He can be injured with normal weapons, but the results of such strikes tend to be more like scratches.. But weapons designed to pierce dragon hide can easily pierce his skin.

Light Immunity: Thanks to his heritage he is completely immune to all fire and light based attacks and effects (this includes being blinded from light). Yes, this means he can look into the sun and not be affected.

Flight: He can fly at a max speed of about 120 MPH. The magical nature of his wings allow him to carry up to 6 tons of stuff.

Light Nimbus: Klinge radiates a light and heat from his body at all times. The type of light and heat is determined by his emotions. When he is happy the light seems to make everything look brighter and warmer, when he is mad the light is almost reddish in hue and everything seems hotter. When sad or down, the light seems bluish and the heat around him actually tends to drop. Other than small ambient changes, this ability has no real effect.

His father has such control over his Light Nimbus that he could cause small thermal holocausts if he so desired. Klinge has been told that he too can achieve such control, but it comes with not only training and patience, but something far greater than anything else, and what that is, Klinge will need to discover on his on (His father was able to gain this control due to love. So, basically, Klinge would have to find true love to be able to even begin developing a more powerful Light Nimbus.). This ability affects the surrounding area within 20 ft. of Klinge. Currently, Klinge's light nimbus cannot cause the heat in the area of effect to rise more than 10 degrees. But, since it is always active, the temperature is always 5 degrees higher. If he is sad the temperature can drop down by -10 degrees.

Draconic Blood: For all effects that could benefit dragons, Klinge can benefit from them to. For all effects that are harmful to dragons, Klinge is harmed by them to. It is a well-known fact that dragons are long lived. Klinge being a half-dragon benefits from this as well. Mostly, despite the fact that Klinge has a humanoid shape with draconic looks, he still has dragon's blood and can be considered a dragon when effects come into play that may include or exclude dragons. Other than that there is no real benefit or penalty for his dragon’s blood.

Angel Blood: For all effects that could benefit angels, Klinge can benefit from them to. For all effects that are harmful to angels, Klinge is harmed by them to. Since Angels are immortal, so is Klinge, though he can be killed by anything other than age. He also has stopped aging. If an effect comes into play that may include or exclude angels, than it affects Klinge as well.

Draconic Senses: Klinge’s senses (Sight, Smell, Hearing, Touch, and Taste) are that of a dragon and thus are superior to a human’s.

Night Vision: Klinge can see in the dark without any special equipment due to his heritage.

Magic Weakness: For all his physical durability, Klinge can’t seem to even shrug off even a simple magic attack, and thus finds most of his damage he takes in combat to come from magic.

Dark Vulnerability: Thanks to his heritage he is completely vulnerable to all ice/cold/water and even dark effects. Which means that he tends to try to hide from such things, because of not only his natural weakness versus such elements, but his natural weakness versus magic also means serious damage from even a simple ice/cold/water/dark attack.

Aura of Good: Klinge radiates an aura of good in the same area as his Light Nimbus. So nearby creatures can tell he is good. This has no effect other than letting people know that there is a good person near them.

Family:
Father: Licht Angstauge, Radiant Dragon, King of the Planet Draconis Firerim, Dimension 1222354
Mother: Aphilia Angstauge, Archangel, Queen of the Planet Draconis Firerim, Dimension 1222354, Leader of the 7th Heavenly Assault Division
Sister: Sera Angstauge, Half-Dragon/Half-Archangel, Princess of the Planet Draconis Firerim, Dimension 1222354

Known History:
In dimension 1222354, dragons ruled the planet Draconis Firerim. And the ruler of them all was the Angstauge family. They kept the peace because they were the strongest. But even a dragon’s heart can fall for something not draconic. Thus Klinge was born from a union never before seen from a dragon, that with an Archangel. Because of his family heritage as an Angstauge he was never mistreated or even disliked, he grew up with good moral standards and the mind set to help others.

Because of the fact that he wasn’t a true dragon he couldn’t learn draconic magic. But because of his brute strength never before seen in any half-dragon, or indeed, most other dragons, he was trained in hand-to-hand combat, and with swords. His favorite type of swords were massive great swords. So his father commissioned a special sword just for Klinge, the Dunkleumarmung. At first, it was too heavy for the young Klinge to carry with ease, but that changed as he aged.

Over time he found that he had stopped aging, or at least he hadn’t aged a day since he hit about 20, when he was finally considered an adult. Everywhere he went on his planet and even to neighboring planets and dimensions he helped others, and even helped bring peace as a moderator to the warring factions. He enjoyed helping others, but he enjoyed having friends even more. Because of his noble heritage he was assigned two guardians. He quickly befriended them and they enjoyed many years of service with him. Till that fateful day.

When he returned from a mission as a moderator between two goblin factions he found that his father was attacked with a strange spell and was now very sick. There was no cure on his world. But on another world the cure might exist. What that cure was, no one knew. But their scryers told him where it might be found. Where precisely, they couldn’t tell him. Klinge told his friends to stay and guard his father and world in case of another attack. And with that, he took his recall ring, and stepped into the portal gate.

Once in the Deep Forest he immediately set out on his quest to find a cure for his father. But he was sidetracked for a day by a war. After the short war he went about searching for this cure. After a months’ worth of searching he found the cure and went back home to give it to his father. The cure worked and his father was able to recover. After hearing about Deep Forest from his son, Licht thought it would be necessary to provide some form of help to the forest. And so, with that Klinge was given a new assignment. This one, to safe guard the forest, and to help the inhabitants if he was able to help them.

A couple years later a crisis struck the forest. During the crisis something happened and the crisis was averted…or…was everything shunted to a new dimension? Only time will tell.

How did your character find these lands?:
Dimensional travel.

Anything Else We Need to Know?:
Dunkleumarmung - A massive great sword made from Omega Neo-Adamantium, making it mostly indestructible, but incredibly heavy, which results that Klinge and others with massive strength can lift it. Without such strength, they can’t lift it. This material also results in more drastic damage (either if it’s from the sharp edge of the sword, or the sheer weight is yet to be discovered), meaning most things can’t stand up to the sword. Of course, if Klinge is somehow weakened in strength, then even he can’t use this weapon. The blade itself is black in color and seems to even drink in the light. Even the hilt and grip are black. It weighs 2 tons and 1000 lbs. The sword itself is 1 foot wide and 7 feet long (1.5" long grip, 5.5" long blade). Making it a rather cumbersome weapon for any but Klinge to wield.

First RP in these lands:
It had been a day since the incident, and there was no Embassy in the elven village anymore. Meaning it was clear that Klinge was not in the Deep Forest that he knew. He had been traveling for a while now, exploring the forest to see if there was anything new, and to perhaps meet new people. What new adventures and people would he find? Would he find people he knew?

Klinge wore his ceremonial mithral full plate armor. This was more out of honor than needed protection, as his skin was typically tougher than the metal armor itself. And with him on his back between his wings was Dunkleumarmung, the great black sword looked more like a hole in space than an actual weapon. The soft light that came from him was steady and only raised the temperature only 5 degrees more for those within 20ft of him. All in all he looked like your typical paladin, a knight in shiny armor.

Klinge had noticed nothing out of the ordinary really, it was all the same in the new forest. But, he wondered if there was any damage from the incident or if the forest had gone back to its normal self. He would continue his search for new things and people.
There are so very many dramatic ways that vast, incomprehensible galactic phenomena can kill you, that every single day that you go unmurdered by space is a miracle.

Sugar and Spice do not mix well at times! So says many of my characters after the chocolate fiasco.
Barbannis
Oldie

Re: Klinge Angstauge, Prince of the Planet Draconis Firerim

Post by Barbannis » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:38 am

If it weren't for the tell-tale features of this one she would have thought him Tyrai. The plate armor was of familiar design, the curves and sharp edges, the simple shining look and knightly features were too good to be true. She watched as he made his way through the forest below, the thicker trees making it easy to spot him, not only the shining sides of his form also, the wings.. and the great sword that he had perched upon his back. An Angel perhaps? The thought ran through her mind as she leapt across a branch, her sleek leather and cloth bound form dark against the canopy.

She chose to leave her thick cloak behind, still gripping her long staff just in case this one was not what he seemed. Though the closer she seemed to get the more that opinion changed. The Tyrai could sense the aura that lingered around him, it was odd, just light, as if it were just a thought.

Eturiel perched herself upon a high branch, legs dangling down before she made the decision.

Her long tendril wings spread from her back, whipping lines of white light curling and moving all in their own manner. Her body slowly drifted down from above, the mass of white light clouding behind her as her leather boots came to the ground, a good distance from Klinge, but not too far. She bowed her head in greeting, placing her staff back over her shoulder, wings still curling and moving behind her,

"Well met Knight." she spoke up, the same greeting she would offer a strange Tyrai of her kind. Her wings began to slither back into her armor, the pate white mask that covered her face glinting just barely as she spoke again, "You seem ready for battle... by the sign of your armament." her voice was soft, almost teasing, "Is there a war going on that I do not know of?"
~
forgerofsouls

Post by forgerofsouls » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:33 pm

Klinge stopped in his tracks as soon as he spotted the Tyrai floating down. Though of course he did not know what she was. Other than her armor he really couldn't make out any real features, especially since she wore a mask. But when she spoke, she was obviously a she. And those wings, Klinge had never seen wings like that before. Was she an Angel? Klinge knew there were many different types of Angels, but had not seen or met many of them.

"Well met stranger!" Klinge said. It was obvious to him that that she was not a threat, she had her weapon on her shoulder, but in a non-threatening manner. As for well her other question?

"Well, I tend to always be ready for battle, though I do relax at times. But I was recently in a conflict to save deep forest, but dimensional travel shenanigans happened and now I'm here." He said, giving a sigh at the end of what he said to show that he was not pleased with the shenanigans happening.

"Before I forget, I am Klinge Angstauge, Prince of the planet Draconis Firerim. I would do me great honor to know your name."
There are so very many dramatic ways that vast, incomprehensible galactic phenomena can kill you, that every single day that you go unmurdered by space is a miracle.

Sugar and Spice do not mix well at times! So says many of my characters after the chocolate fiasco.
Barbannis
Oldie

Post by Barbannis » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:17 pm

Deep Forest.

The name sounded familiar on his words, but she was known to study many maps at a time, it may very well have been a place that was mentioned on board the ship she had been stored upon not all that long before. Eturiel smiled, her wings finally slipping back into her armor, the white strips disappearing and letting the brown and grey leather colorations of her armor settle down to the normal fade.

His name was unfamiliar unlike the forest, but he seemed friendly enough either way and understood curtesy. The Tyrai gently leant her body down in a light curtsy and a bow of her pale masked head, "Pleaure to meet you Klinge." she spoke at first, one hand still holding her staff up over her shoulder,

"I am The Watcher. But you may call me Eturiel." she smiled again, her voice returning that jesting nature, "Though unfortunately I carry no titles. At least not that I know of." she slowly stepped forward, her body language settling in now,

"I have quite the memory of the worlds I have traversed, but Draconis Firerim does not sound familiar to me." she inquired with interest, if he was a Prince of this planet, he had to have a reason for not being there, "Is this 'Deep Forest' part of your world?"
~
forgerofsouls

Post by forgerofsouls » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:39 pm

"It is an honor to meet you Lady Eturiel. As for my planet, I am not surprised you have not heard of it before. It is in a different dimension. Dimension 1222354 to be exact. It is an technology advanced planet with a very diverse population." Klinge explained.

He was surprised at the fact that Eturiel did not know about deep forest. Which confirmed his suspicion that he was no longer in deep forest, and most likely, no longer in the same dimension as deep forest. Which meant that his father and the generals must be going nuts over his disappearance, he could only imagine how Zoey would be reacting at the moment.

"Well, Deep Forest is actually in a different dimension than my planet. The reason I was there was because my father had been attacked with a poison that struck the soul and the cure was in Deep Forest. I did find the cure and due to negotiations we had set up an Embassy at the Elven village found in Deep Forest. But obviously I am no longer in Deep Forest."

Barbannis
Oldie

Post by Barbannis » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:40 pm

Interesting to the fact. She listened carefully as he explained where he had come from, a different world entirely, but the way he spoke of this Deep Forest was as if it were something very similar to their current location. She simply nodded, her hand holding her staff lightly across her shoulder, he spoke of his father, of the reasoning behind his travels of being here. They were quite sound,

"Ah I see." she answered his words with a smile hidden behind her pale white mask, "Well then!" she began slowly bowing across and pointing her staff end back further within the forest,

"Welcome to the endless woods. At least that's what I have been referring them to." she turned back with a tilt of her head, "I have only managed to explore some of the smaller regions throughout, but it seems like it goes on forever. Not that I mind a grand forest such as this." There were many similar back home.
~
forgerofsouls

Post by forgerofsouls » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:08 pm

Endless Woods? Well, that was confirmation that he wasn't in deep forest anymore. He wondered if there was any similarity between them. So far, from looks alone, they had similar trees. But did they have similar landmarks?

She had explored some of the smaller regions? At least she has explored some of it. That's more than he has so far. So it seemed to him that he would have to explore more.

"Have you found any villages in the forest during your exploration?" It was a simple, yet important question.

Barbannis
Oldie

Post by Barbannis » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:01 pm

Eturiel approached slowly, her bow returning to her shoulder as she stepped up closer to Klinge by a few feet, her eyes peering back to the forest as he answered quickly. The Tyrai went over her thoughts progressively, she had seen many travellers, heard of others arriving, but none settling just yet.

Though there were quite the few locations she had passed, there had been no signs of civilization,

"No. At least not in the area's that I have passed." she looked back to the trees, the forest vast, "I have flown up once or twice, it would take some time to go from one side to the other but this land is quite large, there is bound to be a village nestled within... possibly somewhere close to water." She looked back to him softly,

"Though I suspect this would not be 'the' village you are after? No?"
~
forgerofsouls

Post by forgerofsouls » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:50 am

No villages found so far? But like she said, it is a large area and a village might be located close to water. "Well, it might not be the village that I know, but a village is a village. As long as there are people, than that's all that matters. He smiled.

Of course there was only one problem, he did not know where the major water sources were located in this forest. It was rather difficult to travel a mostly unexplored forest that is large just to find one small village.

"Of course, I do not know where anything is in this forest, so any help would be welcomed."

Barbannis
Oldie

Post by Barbannis » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:08 am

Eturiel smiled. She had lead some of the recent creatures into the forest without trouble, and multiple times to one of the moving rivers, though it was not the only source of water, it could connect deeper. She turned and held her staff back to her shoulder,

"Well I would be more then interested to see a village myself. I have enjoyed exploring so far, the forest is such a lovely place.." her voice trailed off a moment, parts of her wings peeking at her back armor, light flicking at the edges,

"There is a lovely river not all that far from here. Perhaps a few hours." she paused, looking back to the forest, "Though I have not walked down its entire length, I am certain there is more to find." she smiled and looked to Klinge with a bow of her head,

"I'd be happy to lead the way."
~
forgerofsouls

Post by forgerofsouls » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:58 pm

A river. Well, beyond similarities, this was a different forest. So it was most likely not the same river. "Sure thing, lead the way!".

"By the way Eturiel, what are you? I have never seen one of your kind before. Are you some kind of Angel?" Than another though occurred to him. "Also, we should fly to the river, it would be fastest."

Though walking was not out, it would have been rather long to walk.

Gaeva Winged Unicorn
Site Admin

Post by Gaeva Winged Unicorn » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:46 pm

OOC
Accepted.